Saturday, October 6, 2012

HoLD oN


This is a part of my life that I have kept hidden from allot of my friends and family for a long time.  When I heard David Archuleta's version of R.E.M.'s song "Hold On" it got me thinking of my own struggles every day with depression, anxiety, and suicide. This song says, "When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on Don't let yourself go Everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes." I have had allot of those times that I have wanted to let go. I am tired.  But, something, someone or something I have heard eventually pulls me back and I see the light at the end of the tunnel, again.
I am not telling you this part of my life for you to feel sorry for me.  I am telling you because it make it real now.  I am not wanting to hide anymore. I am free now.  That people with my issues can survive and they make another day, week or year.  I CAN change!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and how YOU Hold On.....We all have our moments...of happy and sad... There is all ways tomorrow.....The sun does come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts, Jill. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete